Valentines Day, although meant to be a celebration of love, can be one of the most dreaded times of the year. And if you are one of those people cursing Valentines Day this week, here are 5 things to do for yourself this Valentines Day to celebrate Self-love.
1) Book a massage, get a new haircut, get your nails done, get a new outfit, etc We all know how good we feel after a day spent in a spa. Treat yourself to some proper pampering. Can’t afford a trip to the spa? Stock up on some home pampering goods such as a DIY facial, luxurious bath bomb, and a bottle of bubbly. Not only will you feel refreshed and rejuvenated, but your body will also thank you for the de-stress!
2) Stay off social media and focus on something inspiring
Whether it’s Facebook, Instagram, or even Pinterest, there is no need to make yourself feel worse by seeing other people’s over-the-top proclamations of love on social media. Instead, start an inspiring novel such as The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin or watch a fun and heart-warming movie or documentary-like The Pursuit of Happyness.
3) Cook yourself an amazing meal, order in that treat, or dine at your favourite restaurant
Valentines Day loneliness doesn’t mean you should starve. Felt like pizza for ages but felt too guilty? Put that diet on the back burner for just a day and treat yourself to something delicious.
4) Do something you’ve been wanting to do for a long time
Been wanting to go see that movie, but been too busy or no one’s free? Been meaning to go for a run, re-organize your cupboards or put up that shelf? Doing something from your to-do list, that’s completely for yourself can make you feel accomplished and fulfilled, and the busyness of the activity will help keep your focus on the things that matter instead of the negative things roaming around in your head.
5) Surround yourself with friends and family
You don’t need a romantic partner to make you feel the love this Valentines day. Call your mom, gather your friends for a party or find a fun group or meet-up in something you’re interested in. Surrounding yourself with like-minded people will help to keep those feelings of looniness at bay, and most importantly, stop your monkey mind from trying to tell you all kinds of crazy un-truths. Whatever you do this Valentines Day, remember, you don’t have to wait for one day a year to show or receive love. Try to do one thing every day that is kind and loving to yourself!
Have any other ideas for Valentines Day? Post your comment Below.